NMP works for a variety of clients. Specializing in layout and design for print and online presentation, NMP works collaboratively with clients who are experts in their fields—effectively joining their team for collaborative project development.
Client: Norfolk State University Career Services
The updated Spartan Career Planning Guide. Deliverables include the Accessible PDF (to WCAG 2.0 AA standards), a BlueToad edition (in progress), and a set of print-ready PDFs.
Client: Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Resource Guide for Historically Underrepresented Populations (sample pages in a PDF at the link will open in a new window) was under intermittent development for seven months.
Components of Work on Resource Guide
- Implementation of the revised Harvard Style Guide (color palette and support graphics) mid-production
- Editorial reorganization (writing) for section continuity
- Graphic development (maps & pointers) and placement—I’ve only visited Boston once, so I was spending some quality time with Google maps
- Proofing to make sure businesses were still open and contact information was correct.
- Final output to WCAG 2.0 AA standards including prep (many steps to follow in InDesign) and remediation (fixing any issues after PDF output)
- Oh yeah, the page layout and design.
Some Additional Harvard Chan ODI Projects
Client: S. Himmelstein & Company
Client: Off The Pews
My official role for Off The Pews is Website Administrator. If you’ve ever worked for a non-profit, you know there are a “few” other projects I take on for this client. I am a member on the Program Committee and the summer program is currently under way.
Components of Work for OTP
- Website administration of offthepews.org (blog posts, event calendar, all other updates as needed)
- Member of Program Committee
- Production of quarterly online newsletter
- View the Spring 2022 Off The Pews Newsletter (opens in another window)
- Design work for recruiting materials for programs: JPGs like the one above, Google forms for registration, collection and dissemination of registration information to Program Committee
Client: NC State Poole College of Management Career Center
NC State Poole returned for 2022 to make annual updates to two publications. The Resume and Cover Letter Style Guide goes into production first each year because it is in demand in the spring and summer as students are applying for positions. Also, several of the pages from the RCLSG appear in the more comprehensive Career Resources Guide.
Client: Texas A&M University Career Center
The Aggie Career Success Handbook is currently in production.
NC State Poole College of Management—Updates to the Career Resource Guide and the Resume and Cover Letter Style Guide.
Off The Pews: Faith In Action
S. Himmelstein & Company – Layout and brochure design services.
Off The Pews: Faith In Action—NMP primary service is website administration, but includes editing and layout services; newsletter scheduling, production, and distribution; and program committee member.